Diploma in Wedding Planning
- This course provides an overview of the Wedding Planning Business (globally and locally). The course covers all aspects of Wedding Planning from a management and event perspective. This would include themes, concepts, understanding of traditions, selection of suitable locations/venues, event timelines and budgets. This course focuses on Wedding Planning alone, and does not cover other aspects of general event management.
About the course
Our Wedding Planning course is an interactive course which uses videos, workshops, PDFs, and PPTs as mediums to teach. The course is interactive and discussion oriented, and is conducted by renowned industry professionals.
Students receive theoretical and practical feedback, assessment, and opinion relating to the relevant media space from professionals who are out there and doing exactly what they are teaching. The course is taught through exchange ideas, discussions based on questions asked by the students of the lecturer. Classes will also deal with the practical problems that arise during a wedding event to crisis management to ideation, budget planning, destination weddings, etc. Students are welcome to put forth their opinions, ideas or queries. These are answered by the lecturers who are individuals dealing with such situations day in and day out as part of their job. Such an atmosphere creates a fun learning experience and ensures that students are well-equipped to handle the pressure of planning a wedding.
The material and assignments will cover all elements of a wedding; from understanding the different kinds of weddings to the latest trends, process, ideation and planning. The course also focuses on starting your own wedding planning business and marketing your services as competition is fierce. During the course, consider your tutor as your bridal client and submit the assignment as you would submit your proposal. Effectively, through the course, you are building a portfolio for yourself as well.
- Start your own wedding planning company/ firm
- Creatively ideate, organize, and plan a wedding; present the plan to the prospective bride and groom
- Understand different wedding traditions and customs, and their impact on wedding celebrations
- Understand all logistical and creative elements involved in organizing a wedding
- Present a financial budget to clients; chalk out a wedding plan based on the tight budget/master the art of convincing the client to increase their budget based on the creative concept and ideas presented
- Work out/negotiate for best deals on F&B / Venue / Printing / Floral / Gift Registries, etc.
- Work on international best practices, case studies, and provide excellent service
- Handle crisis arising during weddings calmly and professionally
- Prepare and execute planned and well-organized wedding checklists
|Duration||:||Six months (Diploma Course)|
|Lecture days||:||Only once a week - (Saturdays only)|
|Timings||:||2:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Application form fees||:||INR 500/-|
At the end of this course students will be able to: